With less than two months (TWO MONTHS) left before the big take off, I've started making a checklist of things I need to do before I pack up and ship off. I'm a big list person, so this has definitely been helping me get my thoughts and plans organized.
If anyone who has traveled for long periods, or knows something I should, please fill me in!
- Buy plane ticket
- Make a spreadsheet of clothes to pack and what outfits I can make, a la this super smart lady
- Buy a good coat. Seriously.
- Call the bank and credit card company to let them know I'm going out of town
- Learn how to pack light (but actually, I don't think this is going to happen...)
- Get those bags that you pack your clothes in then suck the air out
- Buy these. Now.
- Stop looking ahead and actually pay attention in class (ha)
So obviously I'll be adding major stuff to this list...but so far I think I've gotten it covered. I still don't know where I'll be living or any of my classes, so the lazy planner (contradictory? yes. stressful? yes.) in me is freaking out just a little. Any crossing of fingers or prayers to help me get through this next month are both loved and appreciated.