Because classes started last week (and the fact that I'm sweater weather ready) I'm feeling summer slip away. I'm always happy for the days to get cooler, the sun to sink earlier, and switch out my tank tops for sweaters, but there's a little bit of me that's sad to see summer go.
Summer hasn't slowed down yet in Columbia, so because I still have to wait a little bit for fall to come, I thought I'd make a list of reasons summer is a great second-favorite season.
- The fact that every other part of the year people make fun of you for drinking Mike's Hard Lemonade, but as soon as summer hits, everybody loves it (this doesn't sound like a personal story...right?)
- Front porch sing alongs
- The fact that when you walk your dog at 8:00 pm, it's still light outside
- Flip flops
- Because sandals are the only appropriate summer shoes to wear, you always have an excuse to get a pedicure
- Weekend river/beach/pool/lake days
- Coral in any capacity (i.e. clothes, makeup, etc.) is in season and encouraged
- Wavy hair is also a-okay
- Freckles that have laid dormant for months finally peak out
- Minimal makeup that lets your skin breathe
- BONUS: sunglasses that make you look cool all day, every day
Anything else? What are y'all going to miss about the summer?